an essay written for school
Since I moved to Tokyo, I have been riding the trains a whole lot. Being naturally curious, I prefer to ride in the very front or back of the train, when I do this I can see out the end windows and watch the conductors. I have noticed many interesting things about the way the trains run.
When the train is ready to leave the station the rear conductor steps off the train to press a button on a pillar. This causes the doors' closing signal to go off. Next he (or she - once!) presses a button on the inside of the train to close the doors. They watch to make sure nothing is stuck in the doors and then close their own door after stepping in. Finally they press a button that sounds a chime in the front of the train which signals the conductor to start the train.
These are only a few of the interesting things I have learned by watching the conductors of the Tokyo train system. I am sure I will continue to learn more about the fascinating rail transport systems of the city.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment