Monday, November 30, 2009

Interesting Tokyo Trains


Since we came to Japan I have been very interested in the different types of trains. I have noticed many unique trains.
Once while waiting to catch a train a very old train passed through. It was a light, creamy brown. The conductor's compartment was raised over the rest of the train.
Another time we saw the "chocolate"train. It is covered in a giant advertisement for Meiji, a large sweets company.
The latest interesting train was what looked like a brand new express. It was a dark purple.
There are also many interesting trains that aren't unique. I especially like the shinkansen(Bullet trains). Sometimes the shinkansen have two floors.
Often even the normal trains have "green cars". These are double decker cars but they require a more expensive ticket.
These are only a few of the interesting trains I've seen in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment