Monday, November 30, 2009

Nasu Kogen

3 weeks ago, I went to Nasu Kogen with my class for two nights and three days. We arrived at 11:16 on a Tuesday. After that we had a quick lunch and then we did orienteering. We went out in groups of 4 or 5 and searched for these signs with symbols on them. The group that found the most symbols won. We also during the week had a campfire and had smores and heard a story. Some other things we did that I liked a lot are the activities in the gym that we did instead of hiking, because it was rainy. For the activities we had many different things that included stopwatches and timers. Like, for one, we had to guess when ten seconds were done. And, another one we had to take as many steps in place in a minute as we could. We also had ring toss and fishing of cans. And many other things. We also did dodge-bee in the campfire place. In dodge-bee you have to hit people with the frisbee - it's like dodgeball, just with frisbees. The food was really good there. We had curry rice two times at Nasu Kogen. There was also an onsen there. On the way back home on Thursday, we stopped at a pottery place and got to make our plates. Our plates will arrive in a couple of months, after the people have baked and glazed them. We also had curry rice a third time for lunch on the way back on Thursday. Those are only a couple of the things that I did at Nasu Kogen.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a lot of fun Lia!
    I'm glad you got to visit Tochigi-ken. Nasu is only 45 minutes north of my host town. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the mountains and onsens (and LOTS of curry rice!).
    Thank you again for being such a great hostess to me when I visited your home. I hope I will get to see you in Tokyo again soon
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete