Let the interviewing begin! After a few months of reading, and some bits and pieces of writing, I will have my first few interviews this weekend. I will visit two universities who have funding for innovative programs from the national government - "good practices" in higher education. One university is teaching students to serve in local schools as "internationalization instuctors" - running units on international trade, inequality, cross-cultural understanding and so on. The other has a big sisters/big brothers type program where students mentor chronically ill youngsters. I've selected both programs (the first of six I intend to look at in depth) because they give evidence of creative thinking about how students should be encouraged to contribute to society - which I think I can take one step further, as evidence of thinking about what sorts of citizens people should be.
We'll be staying with our good friends O & Y again, who have graciously agreed to host me and the kids - O has also provided the introductions to both these programs. I am humbled and most grateful. More reporting soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment