On our first full day in Niigata, we went on a cable car into the mountains. There we spent a few hours. First, we took a bus to a garden. We were walking around and we saw a small playground. There was a really tall jungle gym, an interesting slide, a bunch of playhouses, and a few weird, gigantic building blocks. Lia and I tried to build a fort with the blocks, but it didn't turn out.
After that, we continued walking. We stopped a place where they were doing go carts. I got to drive around this track with Lia. It was really interesting, because they were no rails to keep the car on course. So I actually was steering.
After that, we went back down the mountain and got in our friends' car and drove to a place to get soba. They served up a gigantic plate of soba, and we could take however much we wanted. It was really neat.
On our last night, for dinner we went to a really nice sushi place. There were only seats for 10 people in the restaurant, and we sat right by where the chef was working. We got to watch him cut and roll and assemble the sushi. He was really nice and I took a lot of pictures. The sushi was really, really REALLY delicious. It was really cool watching how fast he could make it. I had a whole lot of fun that night.
To sleep, we went back to our friends' apartment to spend the night.
These were only two of the many amazing adventures we experienced while we were on vacation in Niigata. I had fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds amazing...can you take us to the mountains??
ReplyDeleteEvan,what great adventures you are having. Are you taking lots of pictures to share when you get home? Keep up your blog so I can share your time in Japan.
ReplyDelete